Q. What do the various acronyms mean?
LOL = Laughing Out Loud
ROTFLMAO = Rolling On The Floor Laughing My A$$ Off
IMO or IMHO = In My Opinion, In My Humble Opinion, In My Honest Opinion
ITA = I Totally Agree
OMJ = Oh My Josh
FAQs = Frequently Asked Questions
FoJG = Friends of Josh Groban (Josh's official fan club)
Q. What is a troll?
Trolls are people who post hurtful/hateful threads about Josh or other board members. E-mail the board administrator by clicking on Contact Administrator (located at the bottom of each page) to get rid of them. DO NOT reply to their posts, as it will only bump their topic up to the top of the forum.
Q. What does bumping mean?
Bumping means to move a thread up so that it is the first topic on the forum. Anytime you reply to or edit a thread, you are bumping that topic.
Q. How do I edit my post?
Log into the message board. If you do not log in, you will not be able to edit your posts, because you will not be able to see the word edit below your user name. Once you are logged in, go to the post you want to edit. You will see the word edit below your user name on your post. Click on the word edit. The posting screen will appear and you should be able to see and edit your original post.
Q. Where can I get Josh merchandise?
You can buy official merchandise at the Josh Groban Store. Creative Grobanites have made other various Josh items such as bags, bumper stickers, buttons, pillows, soaps, and t-shirts for their own private use, to share at meet and greets, and to donate to charity auctions. Please note that NONE of these charities, projects, or products are officially endorsed by Warner Bros. Records and/or Josh Groban.
Q. Does Josh have an official fan club? If so, how can I join?
Yes, Josh has an official fan club called Friends of Josh Groban. You can find out more information about how to join by clicking here.
* Before posting a question, ask yourself two crucial questions:
1. Is this a question that Id be willing to answer myself, publicly, in front of thousands of people on the Internet?
2. Is this a question that Id ask in front of Josh, his family and co-workers?
If the answer is NO to EITHER of these questions, then perhaps its better to rethink your decision to post the question at all. Its human nature to be curious. Its common courtesy to not ask a question youd be unwilling to answer yourself given these two situations.
* Please keep posts that are not directly related to Josh off of the main forum. The press reads the main forum.
* Josh's personal life/relationships are not discussed on this site.
* Post in the correct forums (look before you post)
* Do not post repeat topics; look through the pages to see what's already been posted.
* When in doubt - Search!!!
* Do not use threads to carry on personal conversations unless its a thread specifically for discussion.
* Post responsibly, people of all ages read the boards.
* Check out the News and Watch sections of this website for upcoming appearances and videos of Josh.
* E-mail the board administrator regarding board issues.
* Please keep your signature file size small. If you use a picture for a signature, it should not exceed 12,500 pixels or 15,000 bytes, whichever is reached first. Otherwise, three lines of text can be used as a signature. DO NOT pad out your text lines with blanks lines. If you want to check your signature size, right click on your signature, when the dialog box appears, click on properties. You should then be able to see the size of your signature
* Please avoid using a long board name. It appears that you can use up to 20 lowercase characters in your board name without it affecting the look of the board. If you use all uppercase characters, the maximum amount of characters you can use appears to be 15.
If you have spaces in your board name, word-wrap will automatically kick in, and a long board name is not an issue.
For example a name like:
would definitely affect the look of the board and create the need for "sliders" because it doesnt have any spaces. A board name such as:
Josh Is The Best Singer In The World
would not change the look of the forum or create the need for sliders because it has spaces in between the words.
*Note: For more answers about Josh and this site, please go to the Favorite Archived Topics Forum and read the thumb tacked threads, NEWBIE 101, and Josh Facts - How much do you know? The specific points in these two posts are a condensed version of these two threads.