On November 12, 2008, Feeding America made its official public debut at a brand launch event in Los Angeles.
David Arquette took the stage to announce the inaugural members of the Feeding America Entertainment Council. The Entertainment Council is a group of actors, musicians, athletes, artists and public personalities who are deeply committed to Feeding America, and will participate in high-visibility engagements to draw attention to our work.
The Entertainment Council Includes:
- David Arquette (Chair) - Actor
- Ben Affleck - Actor
- Laila Ali - Boxer & TV Personality
- Jennifer Aniston - Actress
- Mario Batali - Chef
- Bernard Berrian - NFL star (Vikings)
- Curtis Conway - Former NFL star
- Courteney Cox - Actress
- Marcia Cross - Actress
- Sheryl Crow - Musician
- Matt Damon - Actor
- Laura Dern - Actress
- Rocco Dispirito - Chef & TV Host
- Shepard Fairey - Artist
- Diane Farr - Actress
- Sara Gore - Chef & TV Host
- Josh Groban - Musician
- Scott Hamilton - Olympic & World Figure Skating Champion
- Ben Harper - Musician
- Samantha Harris - TV Host
- Chef - Katie Lee Joel
- NFL Star (Bengals) - Dhani Jones
- Nick Lachey - Musician & TV Personality
- Ali Larter - Actress
- Kimberly Locke - Musician
- Jimmy Jean Louis - Actor
- Tyler Perry - Actor & Producer
- Rachael Ray - Chef
- Albert Reed - Supermodel
- Sanya Richards - Olympic Champion & The Fastest Woman in the World
- Aaron Ross - NFL star (Giants)
- Adam Shankman - Producer/Director
- Broadway Actress - Kate Shindle
- Phil Vassar - Country Artist
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley - Actress
- Scott Wolf - Actor
Feeding America is the nation's leading domestic hunger-relief charity. Our mission is to feed America's hungry through a nationwide network of member food banks and engage our country in the fight to end hunger.
Each year, the Feeding America network provides food assistance to more than 25 million low-income people facing hunger in the United States, including more than 9 million children and nearly 3 million seniors.
Our network of more than 200 food banks serves all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.The Feeding America network secures and distributes
more than 2 billion pounds of donated food and grocery products annually.
The Feeding America network supports approximately 63,000 local charitable agencies that distribute food directly to Americans in need. Those agencies operate more than 70,000 programs including food pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, after-school programs, Kids Cafes and BackPack Programs.
Learn more about your local Feeding America network member food bank.
Here are Josh's performances at Feeding America's Rally Against Hunger concert on 1/19/09
Here are snippets of Josh at his arrival at the Feed America Inaugural Ball